Sometimes, in the midst of immersing in our fast, we tend to get caught up with the busyness of going around to get our daily tasks done. However, at the same time, we still want our child and family to enjoy the food that we prepare, that is highly nutritious in addition to being as hygienic as possible. There are some days when we will be overwhelmed and would probably hit a dead end in figuring out a choice of dishes to prepare. Here we have a concise menu you can try when you are short on time, with a simple range of ingredients that are probably in your kitchen already. Whether it is for suhoor or iftar, these recipes are very fast and practical.
Chicken - 500 grams
Black pepper sauce
Black pepper - crushed or partially grinded
Vegetable of your choice (Broccoli, long beans, carrots, bell peppers)
Dark soy sauce
1) Heat up a pan of oil and start searing the chicken.
2) Add the garlic when the chicken is almost cooked.
3) Once it is evenly cooked, add the black peppers and the black pepper sauce.
4) When the aroma comes out, add the dark soy sauce.
5) Add vegetables.
6) Plate it and serve.
Chicken - 500 grams
One egg, beaten
Honey, 4 tablespoons
Lemon juices, 2 pieces
1) Dip the chicken into the beaten egg and then coat with flour evenly.
2) Heat up the oil and fry until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3) For the sauce, mix the honey with the lemon juice until incorporated. Add the chicken and stir well.
4) Garnish with parsley and lemon zest and serve.
Squid, 2 pieces, sliced
Prawns, average-sized, 400 grams
Garlic, 6 cloves, sliced
Black pepper powder, 2 teaspoons
Bell peppers, 2 pieces, sliced
Red chilies, 5 pieces, sliced
Olive oil, 1 cup
Salt to taste
1) Saute the garlic, bell peppers and red chilies with the olive oil.
2) Add the squid and prawns.
3) Add the black pepper and black pepper powder.
4) Add spaghetti and stir until mixed evenly.
5) Garnish with parsley and serve.
The recipes shared here can be modified according to personal preferences and even the ingredients can be swapped with what you have at home. Basic ingredients such as chicken can be replaced with beef. Vegetables can also be changed with what your family prefers. Hopefully, this will help you in those urgent moments, such as suhoor and iftar when short on time for food preparation. Good luck!